Tuesday, March 16, 2010

6 Months

I can't believe my little Jewell is already 6 months old. It seems like just yesterday that she was born. Here are the stats from today's doctor visit.

Height: 25 and 1/4 inches
Weight: 14 lbs 11 oz
Head: 42 cm

The doctor encouraged us to begin feeding Jewell solids 3 times a day. We just worked up to 2 feedings yesterday! I asked him when I should start this, and he said today. He also wants us to practice drinking from an open topped cup. I was concerned about this, but apparently it's a good way to get kids to learn how to drink without sucking.

We finished the visit with several more shots. They gave me a choice for the flu shot and I said yes. After last weeks sickness I decided I wanted the flu to stay as far away as possible. Jewell did surprisingly well this evening, despite the shots. I think it helped that I let her nap when we got home :).

This evening we had our first dinner feeding for solids. I decided to just do cereal with pears. Pears are new and I like to introduce fruits with cereal. She really seemed to like the pears too! I was so excited. But the best part, was the milestone we accomplished. While feeding her, she grabbed the spoon and put it in her mouth. She's NEVER even attempted to touch the spoon. I was thrilled to death. She kept grabbing in and putting in her mouth and moving it around. I was so proud.




1 comment:

  1. really? I mean, really? your pediatrician is pushing three feedings of solids at 6 months? maybe it's just me, but I find that...pushy--for lack of a better word :/
    But way to go on Jewell's coordination! Brendon will do that AND leave the food on the spoon :)

    ReplyDelete