Monday, November 7, 2011
The kids are starting to have so much fun playing together. I'm certainly enjoying the privilege and challenge of this stage :). This past week was certainly a lot of fun.
Jewell thinks her brother is a horse sometimes :)
Brother and sister love :)
We made play-doh in OT and she fed the horses with it :). She had a blast. She did most of the ingredient dumping and stirring.
It's time to keep up with Jewell and play in her kitchen. This was tough for Jewell at first, but she's greatly improved in the sharing department.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Our church has a Harvest Fest each year for the kids for Halloween. We love that it's an innocent and safe place for kids to dress up and get candy. Jewell was a cow this year (Matt's Mom and sister Stephanie got it for her last year). And Jefferson was Pooh's honeycomb bee. After the activities at church, we went down our street that we live on. Jewell let everyone know that she was a cow when they opened the door. She greeted them with a cute "moo."
Jefferson turned 9 months on the 1st. We still can't believe it! Time must fly even faster with each kid! Here are the stats/milestones.
- Weight: 21.92 lbs. He's already tripled his birth weight.
- Clothes: 18 month tops and body suits. Pants and bottoms are still in the 12 month range. The 18 month one piece pajamas are still too big though.
- Shoes: He's between a 2 and a 3. He has thick feet so size 2 is too small, but size 3 fall off.
- Moving: Jefferson pulls up on everything and even does pull ups. He can climb the stairs really fast, but can't go down them. He crawls everywhere and is trying to balance on his two feet without holding onto anything. Yikes! He also stands in his crib whenever he's ready to get up.
- Sleeping: He still sleeps from 7 PM to 7 AM, and takes a nap from 9 to 11 and 1 to 3.
- Talking: Jefferson is still in the babble stage. He loves to repeat babababa over and over again. Sometimes it comes out as dada or mama, but not that much.
- Eating: Jeffers never misses a meal. He has 4 bottles a day, and then eats 2 tubs of baby food when we eat. Except, he's not that much of a breakfast person :). He would eat bananas all day if I let him. Which I pretty much do because that really helps out in the diaper department. Boys...
Jefferson is overall a very happy boy. He adores his big sister and loves to follow her around. In fact, he's taught her to climb into many things at home :). He also loves to watch the Denver Broncos play with his Daddy!
Proof that the big man does do pull ups! :)