Monday, April 5, 2010

Thank You Break

Dear Matt,
We miss you today. I kept thinking you were going to come home. I started getting all excited around 5:30. Of course, I then remembered you were in Maryland. Oh well!

I want to thank you for a wonderful break. It was hard not having you around that much, but I still loved every minute of it. Having Jewell to myself all day was wonderful. You see when I was on my maternity leave I wanted to go crazy most days. Mainly because I had no idea what I was doing. But now I'm much more confident as a mom. I understand Jewell now, and I love her more than anything. This break showed me how much I want to stay home for good one day. I want to be with my kids and raise them to be respectful, loving people. This break was amazing. I loved teaching Jewell to nap in her crib. I loved being "mom." I know that one day I'll probably come to you begging for a break after I do get to stay home. And I know it's not for everyone. But for now, I'll just dream that it will be bliss. This past week I felt like I could finally keep up with it all, minus working.

Anyways, this morning was quite challenging with Jewell being sick. But I had great hope this afternoon. She took a two hour nap and it seemed to really help. We played, giggled, and read together. Jewell especially loved it when Daisy gave her kisses. I did my best to capture the fun we had so you could see.


With Love,
Your two girls












No comments:

Post a Comment