Wednesday, April 14, 2010

7 Months

I can't believe that Jewell is now over a half a year old. She changes so much each day! Here are a few important facts that I don't want to forget.

Dear Jewell,
I'm writing this like it's in your baby book. I hope you don't mind one that is printed from a blog! You have changed so much since you were first born, at 6 lbs 13 ounces. Enjoy reading what you could do at 7 months.

Weight: Last week you were 16 lbs. I had to take you to the doctor because of an ear infection that wouldn't go away. You seem to be just like Mommy!

Eating: You now eat a 6 ounce bottle at breakfast and 1/4 cup oatmeal cereal mixed with fruit. For lunch you eat a 7 ounce bottle and a jar of 2nd foods vegetables. You have another 7 oz bottle before I pick you up. For dinner you eat a 7 ounce bottle and a jar of second foods vegetables. Sometimes you eat fruit too.

Sleeping: You now take 2 naps in a crib! A huge accomplishment for our family. You used to only like the swing. You also sleep from 7 PM-7 AM. You really like your early bedtime. In fact, you get quite upset with me if I try to keep you up :).

Activity: You grab everything! Anything you pick up you put in your mouth. You also now bang your toys on the floor, walls, and highchair. You're favorite new activity is to throw the toys on the ground and wait for Mommy to pick them up. As soon as I pick them up you laugh! It's the cutest thing. Kicking has always been a favorite. We are still working on sitting up independently, but you're doing so much better. As for rolling...it's not that you can't do it, because you do when you're really mad, but you hate tummy time! You haven't quite figured out that you can be mobile by rolling and that it's fun. I used to get so discouraged about this. But now that you play with toys in the bumbo and move all around in it, I'm okay. You basically move non-stop now, you just don't go anywhere yet! But don't worry, you're apparently the most vocal baby at day care! So you've got those other babes beat in something.

Jewell, overall, you're a very sweet, content baby. I couldn't ask for a better one actually. Your doctor told me you've spoiled me! I pray for you daily, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has for you.

Love,
Mommy

Here are some recent pictures!






































2 comments:

  1. I know, it seems like looking back, these months have flown by, Brendon's almost nine months! Jewell's getting good with her spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't actually let her use the spoon until after I fed her. Then I let her practice. She prefers to chew on it right now :).

    ReplyDelete