Friday, January 1, 2010

Savoring Every Moment

Jewell is now almost 16 weeks old. I of course just can't believe it. Fortunately I've only had to leave her at daycare for 1 week since she's been born. The best thing about being a teacher is Christmas break! However, I do go back to work on January 4th. As I sit and think about starting a new year with my precious child I realize something, she's growing too fast. So this year I've decided to make what I call a "life" resolution. I want to savor every moment with her for the rest of my life. I've always been a go, go, go type of person. I have a list that MUST get done right away or I basically lose it. Having Jewell has made me realize that my to do list really shouldn't be my biggest priority. Enjoying time with my family, loving them, and serving them should always come first. So I guess this decade will bring about many good changes for me. Here are a few recent pictures.


Showing off our new Dr. Seuss books. I just had to buy the stuffed animals with them.


Reading :)


Driving back to SC. Jewell had fun playing with her new stuffed animal. You can see her first injury in this picture. She has a big scratch on her head :(


Sitting in our high chair for the very first time.


She looks so tiny.


Playing with toys while Mommy cleans.


I just love how her teething ring became a bracelet!


I was unloading the dishwasher while she was playing. I turned around and found her "kissing" her glow worm.


Another attempt at tummy time. I tried to videotape this but it only ended in tears again.

No comments:

Post a Comment