Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recovery Weekend

Wow, what a weekend! I can't believe it's actually over. Boy did we do a lot.

It all began Friday evening. Matt found his old Super Nintendo. So, after we forced Jewell to eat (we've been doing that all week) we stayed up for 3 hours playing Super Mario. It was blast to do that together. We then went to bed happily thinking we had plenty of time to sleep. Jewell on the other hand had other ideas. She decided that she wanted to wake up at 4:45 AM to finish the bottle we tried to give her at 7:30. Silly baby! My wonderful hubby told me to go back to sleep and he went and fed her.

Saturday began with another force feed. See Jewell has been so sick she's hardly been eating. But she needs to eat. That and I switched to formula this week and we struggled with finding one that she liked. After getting Jewell ready for the day I realized just how behind I was with my household responsibilities. With 2 of us sick this week I just gave up. So I cleaned all day long. And I mean, ALL DAY! We ran a few errands, and of course, ended the day with yet ANOTHER force feed and Super Mario. Jewell again, woke at 2:25 AM to finish the bottle she didn't finish at 8:00 PM.

That brings us to today. I decided to take a different approach to feeding Jewell. The morning feeding was the toughest (because she was so congested). I decided to wait to feed her every 4 hours thinking if she was really hungry it would help. BINGO! She FINALLY ate 7 and a half to 8 ounces at 2 feedings today. I was so excited. I finally found a formula that she likes too. What a huge blessing!!! Jewell felt much better today as well. She enjoyed watching Baby Einstein while I cleaned (for quite a while again) and she took a good nap. She had her last feeding at 7 PM and I'm hoping she doesn't wake up again until 7 AM this time. We'll see. As soon as this sickness is over we are moving to cereal!

I'm exhausted from this weekend trying to recover from this week, but I finally feel caught up. It's very difficult keeping up with it all while working full time. But the Lord has given me much grace to do it.

Here are a few pictures from today.


Matt and Jewell fell asleep after church today.


I just LOVE this picture. She held the keys for 2 hours tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment