Yesterday we made our big announcement that our family is continuing to grow. We are expecting baby #3 around 3/3/13. We are extremely excited about this addition to our family. I thought it would be good to clear a few things up for those "concerned" about us having more than 2 kids. By the way, I'm not upset about any of these. I actually sort of laughed when I received some of these questions.
1. Yes, the baby was planned. We have ALWAYS wanted at least 4 kids. So no, we aren't done.
2. Yes, we know how this happened. (I'm still trying to figure out why people emailed me about this)
3. Yes, we know kids are expensive. But think about it, I have both boys and girls clothes already. I have every baby item you could need, and I use cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure the only extra expense will be the birth itself at this point. And no, I don't necessarily plan to pay for our kids tuition for college 100%. I paid for 3 years of my schooling and I turned out just fine.
4. We love big families. We truly believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. It really hurts me when I hear people tell other families that they are an added expense or that they are crazy for wanting a big family (by the way, when did 3 kids become a BIG family?). They are blessings. If you want to have just 1 or 2 kids that's GREAT! I'm so happy for you. But please consider the fact, that some people are called to parent more than 1 or 2. We are called to be parents of more than 1 or 2. God allowed for this to happen. We are thrilled. And no, I'm not worried about this at all. I LOVE being a Mommy.
5. And yes, I do realize that it's harder to lose the baby weight after each pregnancy. Note to self: never tell a pregnant lady she's going to have a hard time losing weight. Bad, bad idea.
6. Yes, we know how close are kids are in age. That was also planned! Because that's what our dream is :).
We are beyond thrilled to be expecting again. Our kids are very excited as well. Now to try and explain to Jewell that I don't have a baby hanging out of my belly button :).