Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Big News

Yesterday we made our big announcement that our family is continuing to grow. We are expecting baby #3 around 3/3/13. We are extremely excited about this addition to our family. I thought it would be good to clear a few things up for those "concerned" about us having more than 2 kids. By the way, I'm not upset about any of these. I actually sort of laughed when I received some of these questions.

1. Yes, the baby was planned. We have ALWAYS wanted at least 4 kids. So no, we aren't done.
2. Yes, we know how this happened. (I'm still trying to figure out why people emailed me about this)
3. Yes, we know kids are expensive. But think about it, I have both boys and girls clothes already. I have every baby item you could need, and I use cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure the only extra expense will be the birth itself at this point. And no, I don't necessarily plan to pay for our kids tuition for college 100%. I paid for 3 years of my schooling and I turned out just fine.
4. We love big families. We truly believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. It really hurts me when I hear people tell other families that they are an added expense or that they are crazy for wanting a big family (by the way, when did 3 kids become a BIG family?). They are blessings. If you want to have just 1 or 2 kids that's GREAT! I'm so happy for you. But please consider the fact, that some people are called to parent more than 1 or 2. We are called to be parents of more than 1 or 2. God allowed for this to happen. We are thrilled. And no, I'm not worried about this at all. I LOVE being a Mommy.
5. And yes, I do realize that it's harder to lose the baby weight after each pregnancy. Note to self: never tell a pregnant lady she's going to have a hard time losing weight. Bad, bad idea.
6. Yes, we know how close are kids are in age. That was also planned! Because that's what our dream is :).

We are beyond thrilled to be expecting again. Our kids are very excited as well. Now to try and explain to Jewell that I don't have a baby hanging out of my belly button :).

P.s. Thank you all for all the congratulatory comments :). We really appreciate it! And no, I'm not upset, I'm simply expressing my opinion this time!

6 comments:

  1. "Concerned citizens"--gotta love them! What's ironic is if you have two of one, like me, everyone expects you have more. "when are you going to have that girl?" like it's any of their business or my decision to pick boy/girl. Congrats though, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! You both as parents are the reason there will be good kids out there in the world when they grow up. Everyone else can keep their personal opinions to themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations to all of you! Fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that I'm not upset at all! :) I actually smiled while writing this post :). I just thought I'd put it out there so everyone now knows that's been asking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the part about gaining weight. Seriously - is THAT the best reason someone came up with to stop adding to your family? Crazy the things people will say. I am VERY HAPPY for you, Amy. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on all of this! We would love to have four as well. We'll see :). Congratulations again!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete