Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Blinked

I never knew it would go so fast! I mean people would tell me. But I didn't expect it to be like magic. And now I have this problem, I blinked, and my little baby girl turned into a....kid. When I check on her at night she basically takes up her entire crib. It's so strange to see her running around, pushing her baby doll stroller, and trying to do things that we do. When did she grow up?

Jewell has grown up so quickly! She walks, and now runs pretty much everywhere. She loves playing with legos and babies. But, her all time favorite activity is still reading. She knows almost all of her letters (she still struggles with the letter u). We are still working on counting. For now she knows 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, and 10. Her vocabulary is basically too extreme to record at this point. I'm overall just so proud of my growing girl.

As for eating...oh eating... This seems to always be an issue with our little girl. I am happy to report that she's finally starting to eat things she refused to touch all of her solid food life. She loves hamburger (if it's dipped in ketchup or in spaghetti sauce). She refuses to touch, or eat chicken (unless they are chicken nuggets). Chicken just isn't her thing. And she will only eat pork if it's pork loin cooked in a crock pot. She knows what she likes! I've done my best with cutting out the afternoon snack now, and that's caused her to eat more things lately. So far so good.

I'm a bit anxious to start potty training her, but she's just not ready. She still hasn't mastered taking her clothes off by herself, and she's absolutely TERRIFIED of the big girl potty. So, we will continue to wait :).

Jewell has developed a fear in anything that has a running motor. If it runs, she's afraid of it. I can't even take out the vacuum or she runs to me screaming and crying. Yes, I have a GIRLY GIRL! But I love it.

I can't believe my little girl is 21 months old now. She's really growing up way too fast. So for now, I'm going to do my best cherishing each moment we have with her as a little girl, and of course, try not to blink.

How anyone can get bows to stay in a toddlers hair is beyond me.





No comments:

Post a Comment