Monday, June 3, 2013

Leaning and Trusting

This morning I woke up and immediately did what most of American society does. I looked at my iPhone to see if I missed anything important overnight. I did notice that my church prayer chain sent a prayer request out. As soon as I read the morning prayer request I just stopped. Another mother lost her baby to still birth. This time it was a missionary. I think I actually started to physically hurt for this dear mommy of 4. And all I could do was pray. And that I did.

This dear mommy was on my heart all day. But she was even more on my heart as we sang to our Lord this morning. All I could do was think of this Mommy who just lost her baby. I know that sense of loss. I just hurt and prayed the entire service. And I remembered all the emotions of those first few days after the loss. And then, selfishly I started to worry about losing this one. But then we came to our last song, "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" and part of "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus."


What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more! 
 These songs really spoke to me this morning. Hardships will come our way, but we have a God that we can lean on through everything. Every hardship. Every difficult time we face. And we need not fear for anything. We get the easy job. We just have to trust Him with everything. Even though life has it's hardships and trials. We just have to lean and trust. 

Pray for this missionary mommy please. The road she's now traveling will have its ups and downs. I'm so thankful she has God to lean and trust on.

No comments:

Post a Comment