Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jewell Turns 3

We now have a 3 year old! We celebrated Jewell's birthday on Saturday night with the Borror family. We had dinner, cake, and opened presents. Jewell loves the Borror's and talks about their kids on a daily basis. So the evening was very special for our sweet girl.

Unfortunately, I just realized we didn't take pictures of her opening her presents! I'm not sure how we missed that. I'll double check the other cards we have for our camera later today. But she did get lots of funny little gifts she requested. In fact, I'm shocked because she now plays with her ponies for quite a while by  herself! She was so cute :).

I made Jewell a ladybug cake this year. It was the second time I've made the cake for our kids birthday's. I really like making them for them. It makes the birthday mean so much more. I am posting pictures of how I did it so I can remember how :). Plus, I am going to make our blog into a book for our kids to serve as their baby books. So I think it would be super special for Jewell to have it in print. You can see a small can of black frosting that I had in the background as a backup just in case I messed up the frosting like I did with Jefferson's football cake (note: don't add natural peanut butter to frosting...it didn't work for Jefferson's cake). I was so excited that I didn't have to use it :). I guess we'll have to do something else with it now.











Jewell had a great birthday! She's grown up so much this last year. We are so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment