Saturday, October 1, 2011

8 Months

I'm afraid I have news...yep, Jefferson is growing up! I can't believe he's already 8 months old! Did I really have a newborn and a 16 month old at home 8 months ago? I sure did!

Jefferson is overall a very happy, very well fed, little boy. This last week was a bit difficult because he wanted to keep up with his sister. However, he's only 8 months old and is unable to walk!

The 8 Month Rundown:
  • Eating: Jefferson eats 4 bottles a day. I feed him solids around the same time we eat so he typically doesn't eat solids and bottles at the same time. Jefferson does not like chunky food. He WILL gag on it. Therefore, he hates homemade baby food. He likes the flavor of puffs, but sucks on it and then spits it out. Oh boy...
  • Sleeping: Jefferson is a 12 hour sleeper. But he is SO ready for bed at 7 PM, which means I'm up at 7 AM. I'm hoping to switch it to 8 PM next summer.
  • Moving: Jeffers taught himself how to army crawl this week. I caught him heading towards the baskets in his cute little crawl. My silly boy then emptied the baskets. A little later, I caught him pushing all the buttons on the cable box. Soon after that, he was pulling the power strip out from underneath the television set. Of course his first moving endeavor was to destroy things!
  • Favorite Activities: Mr. Chubbers favorite activity is to try and mess with absolutely anything Jewell is holding or playing with. The little man decided he was going to learn that early. He still likes to pull her hair too so we often hear the phrase, "No Jeffson!" Poor kid...
  • Talking: Jeffers babbles quite a bit in the mornings :). His favorite babbles are ba-ba-ba-ba, and da-da-da-da. This always makes his Daddy smile!
We love our little man! We are proud of his accomplishments, and we are sure he will soon be running around with his big sister sometime soon.



Trying to escape...


Oh, this is so much better Mom! I found a way off the couch!


2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Has the doctor ever checked to see if his tongue is tied? My nephew had the same problem with chunky food and gagging alot. Once he had the tongue tie fixed he's not had problems. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Kelly! Thanks for the tip :). I will have the doctor check it out next month :).

    ReplyDelete