Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Crazy (Eye) Morning

Would you like to hear about my crazy morning with my two sweet toddlers? Well, it all started when we left the house at 8:40 AM to head to Jewell's eye appointment. We waited about 20 minutes before seeing the assistant. Jewell refused to be serious when we asked her to name the pictures. We were trying to test each eye. No matter what I did, she laughed and was just plain old silly.

We then waited for FOREVER for the doctor. This happens every time we go there :(. So the kids basically went crazy. I finally let them go play with the toys in the waiting room. But you can't leave 2 toddlers in a small room with all that expensive equipment for that long. This of course confused the office and they tried to fill our room. Oh well.

Once we saw the doctor he said she looked just fine. He said she didn't need bifocals. I told him she did because when we read her eyes still cross. So he tested her again. He then noticed she really was crossing her eyes still. He also noticed that she wasn't really using her weaker eye (left eye). He asked me to patch her right eye full time for the next 2 weeks. Then I'm to switch it to 4 hours a day for 4 weeks. And then we will go back. Meanwhile, Jefferson was pushing the chair up and down on us. He also tried to destroy the blinds. Next time, I'm getting a sitter. I couldn't this time because the appt. was just so early. I barely made the appt. time! I made a much later appt. for the next one.

Then we tried to go check out. Jefferson tried to escape out the revolving doors while I was paying. Isn't that nice of him?

We then headed to Walmart. I had to buy some overnight diapers for Jefferson. I also needed to look for eye patches for Jewell. They had no eye patches. After purchasing the diapers for Jefferson, Jewell needed to go potty. I had to leave my purchased items with the Customer Service to take them potty. Of course, Jefferson escaped while I was taking Jewell potty.

After Walmart, we had to go to the eye care place to purchase bifocals. By this point, the kids were really tired, cranky and hungry. Jefferson was throwing toys while I was trying to get Jewell some help. There isn't much you can do at that point. He needed disciplined, but there were way too many people around. We tried on some sunglass covers that were pretty ugly. They were 40 dollars. Well, I just couldn't do that to the girl. Here is a picture.

I really wanted to buy these because I wasn't a fan of transition lenses. But she is very sensitive to the sun, so 90 dollars later, we ordered the transition lenses. I mean, these little covers make her look like a boy! That was not going to do.

We then headed to Target to find eye patches. I of course had to feed the kids. May I just say, the person that invented popcorn at Target is seriously the smartest person ever? Kids were finally calm with 2 bags of very affordable popcorn. But of course, they had no eye patches either.

By this point, I was tired and hungry. I decided to call Rite Aid to ask if they had eye patches before I drove and wasted even MORE gas. 10 minutes later (with a screaming 2 year old who wanted to go home) they did indeed get back with me to tell me they had eye patches. So we headed to Rite Aid. At Rite Aid, Jefferson somehow escaped the buckle in the cart and stood STRAIGHT UP. I of course wasn't looking either. That was not cool. They did have the eye patches, but Jewell was now crying because she was tired too. She was also throwing pens at the counter. $17.99 later we left with eye patches, and a bag of Reece's Peanut Butter ($3.99) Eggs for Mommy. Because well, I just deserve them today.

Finally, we were on our way home! Jefferson actually screamed HOME when he saw us pull in at exactly 12:40. 4 hours later.

So, we survived the morning. The bifocals will be here in about a week, and now Jewell refuses to wear her eye patch. But it's all okay, because I have my favorite Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs all to myself :).

No comments:

Post a Comment