Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Haircut Saturday

I woke up this morning and decided it was time to get Jewell's hair cut. I had put it off long enough. So we called Cost Cutters and made an appointment. While we were taking the before pictures of her hair, I decided we should just get Jefferson's done at the same time. I do plan to cut Jefferson's hair myself from now on though.

I was really nervous about Jewell getting her hair cut since she has such a sensitive scalp. I thought it would be best to go ahead and brush it really well before we left. I'm so glad I did because she cried the entire time I brushed the tangles out of it. I must say, Jewell really impressed me at the hair salon. She did a great job! She never cried or complained. She loved getting her hair cut.

Jefferson did not like getting his hair cut. He refused to sit in the chair by himself or with me. So, he got passed on to Daddy. I am so glad we got his hair cut now. He had curls that would stick out randomly that were getting quite long. The right side was longer than the left side too :). 

Before

Before--you can sort of see the curl sticking out the right side.

Before

Before

Before

She took sitting up very seriously.






He really wasn't so sure about the clippers.

I think her new cut looks beautiful!
I actually just now realized that we never got an after picture of Jefferson. It looks really good though :). It's nice and short and even! He still has some thinner spots in his hair because of his cradle cap. I think this cut will help those thicken up.

Overall, it was a great experience. I was very pleased with both cuts. Both kids were given First Haircut Certificates with envelopes holding their first locks. It was so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment