Monday, December 7, 2009

For My Jewell

Dear Jewell,

Tomorrow you will be 12 weeks old. I can't believe how fast time has flown since you were born. 12 weeks! Has it really been 12 WEEKS? Having you has changed me so much. You have taught me how to love in a way I never thought possible. You have made me a much better person. You've taught me what really matters in life. And you have become my everything.

You have grown so much since you were born. You were 6 lbs 3 oz when we brought you home. Now you are about 11 lbs! How crazy is that! You may have grown, but there is one thing that hasn't changed. You LOVE to look at lights. I mean, you stare at them forever. Sometimes that's all you want to do. You've been that way since you came home. You also hate tummy time. I started working on this about 2 weeks after you were born. You lay on the blanket for about 1 minute before you scream and scream. Your Dad is so concerned about you getting enough tummy time. So I let him do this with you. I prefer to let him be the bad guy!

Jewell, you truly have become my everything. I do need to tell you 2 things that bring tears to my eyes. First, I have to go back to work on Monday. I don't want to leave you during the day. I want to see everything you do for the first time. I want to be the one to bring you comfort when you cry. I want to be the one to read to you during the day. I have really prayed that the Lord would allow me to stay home with you and just be your Mommy. But the Lord has chosen for me to go back to work. Believe me Jewell, it breaks my heart to have to do that. Second, your Grandpa died last night. He was one of the most amazing men I have ever known. Your Daddy is doing okay, but he's going to miss him. You have brought a lot of joy to your Daddy through this time. I thank God for that everyday. Your Grandpa couldn't wait to meet you. He had all sorts of things he wanted to build for you. But the Lord decided to take him home instead. I'm sorry you won't be able to meet him. However, I know you'll make him proud! I promise to do my best to make you feel like you did know him ;).

I love you so much my little Jewell. You are true blessing to me and your Daddy. Thank you for being so sweet and loving. I can't wait to see you in the mornings.

Love,
Mommy
You made me so proud when you did this! You figured out that if you shake the keys that it makes noise! You were even starting to laugh.


I actually had enough time to take a picture of you before you started screaming. You really don't like tummy time.



Here you are all dressed up for your first adventure to see Christmas lights.



Your face is too funny here! You'd prefer I not give you a bath ;) But I still do!

No comments:

Post a Comment