Sunday, August 14, 2011

6 Months

Jefferson had his FIRST doctor's appointment (since his 10 day appointment in G'ville) here in Medford this week. We met with Dr. Newman (who happens to be from Toledo where I grew up) and he gave Jefferson a great report.

Here are the stats...
Weight: 19 lbs 1 oz (75th percentile)
Length: 26.25"
Head circumference: 17.3"

The doctor decided that Jefferson should be able to catch up on his vaccines fairly quickly. The only vaccine he can't have is the Rotavirus now. That's okay since he's not in daycare and Jewell has already had the vaccine. Jeffers didn't really like the vaccines. I have never had to watch my kids get poked like that because my old doctor used to take me into the other room. This doctor doesn't do that so it was a bit sad for me. Jefferson didn't get a fever or anything from the vaccines, but he did lose his appetite for a few days. The appointment was on Wednesday and it took until today (Sunday) for him to eat more than 4 oz at a time.

I am slowly moving Jefferson to formula. I'm really proud of myself for making it this long with the nursing thing. I gave up at 4 months with Jewell. As of right now he's nursing twice a day and taking 2 bottles of formula a day. He also eats cereal at breakfast and dinner. And at lunch he eats a vegetable and fruit. He isn't too much of a fan of green veggies, but he's a trooper and keeps trying them. I encourage him to eat them every other day because I don't want him to turn orange.

Jefferson can now sit up. I must say, it was a huge breath of fresh air to hear the doctor say the phrase, "Your child is doing exactly what he should be doing at this age" for the very first time. He's also rolling around and I've found him on his knees in his crib a few times now. Jefferson walks around in the walker downstairs and his new favorite thing is following Jewell around in it.

As for sleeping, we are still working on dropping the 3rd nap. It's been a bit difficult for us actually. Jefferson can get a bit cranky during dinner if he hasn't had it, but then wants to be awake a little longer if he does. He is currently taking 2, 2 hour naps each day though. And he's also sleeping about 12 hours at night.

Jewell and Jefferson are quickly becoming great friends. They light up when they see each other and start laughing hysterically. I'm so glad to see them becoming buddies.







No comments:

Post a Comment