Sunday, February 20, 2011

Goodbye...The Hardest Part

Today we said goodbye to our church family. We love our church. There is just something special about a group of believers that strive to minister to a community in Greenville that doesn't have many good churches. We've worked, prayed, ministered, served, laughed, and cried with our church family, and we will miss them very much.

This past week has had its share fair of its trials. I've cried a lot. Moving across the country, leaving all my friends, and family has not been easy. Having our rental home fall through, having to move our loading date to after we leave Greenville, leaving Daisy here for a month now...not easy. But today at church I was reminded of Christ's love for us, and how we must depend on Him. I close this post with a song that was sung on our very last Sunday with Palmetto Baptist. How true it is.

"Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer"

Jesus, draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
And I'll follow though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus, guide me through the tempest,
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Amy, during this transition in your life. Hopefully we can keep in better touch now than we did when we lived closer. :O)

    ReplyDelete